London Dilapidation Surveyors
TD-RE have extensive experience in acting for both Landlord and Tenants in all Dilapidation matters in London and the South East.
London Dilapidation Specialists
TD-RE specialise in providing Dilapidations advice having over 15 years experience in the London market. All dilapidation schedules are prepared and negotiated by an experienced Chartered Surveyor adhering to the highest standards.
Working with a multitude of clients from corporate occupiers, investors to individuals, we specialise in office, retail and warehouse buildings in London and the South East.
What is a dilapidations schedule?
Under normal circumstances a commercial lease will contain certain obligations the tenant needs to undertake prior to the lease expiring. This forms the basis of the schedule of dilapidations and normally include:-
- Removal of tenant alterations made during the term if require by the Landlord
- To repair certain items like lighting and a/c if in disrepair at lease expiry
- Decoration in accordance with the lease normally 3 or 6 month prior to lease expiry.
- Associated professional fees.
What options do tenants have for dilapidations?
If the tenant is still in occupation of the property they have three options:-
- Undertake the works required by the lease prior to lease expiry. TD-RE have in house project managers who offer this service.
- Negotiate a fair cash settlement with the Landlord for the dilapidations claim before or after lease expiry.
- A combination of the above two.
Landlords Dilapidation Guide
At TD-RE we aim to ensure the smooth and expediant process with accurate and well appraised schedules of dilapidations.Guide for Landlords
Tenants Dilapidation Guide
Our Chartered Building Surveyors can provide comprehensive advice regarding your lease obligations.Guide for Tenants
What is the Pre-Action Protocol?
The Pre-Action Protocol is the procedure for dealing with dilapidation claims which aims to lead to early settlement. This can result in a reduction in costs for both Landlord and Tenant whilst providing adequate protection for both parties.
At TD-RE all dilapidation schedules are undertaken in accordance with the pre-action protocol.
Feel free to contact one of our team who is on hand to help.
We negotiate hard to achieve a fair settlement for both Landlord and Tenant. If you are due to enter into a lease, a landlord has served a Schedule of Dilapidations, or you are nearing the end of your lease, our team is on hand the help you through the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no definitive costs for dilapidations as this will depend on the lease covenants, condition, age and locality of the building amongst other factors. Each claim will need to be accurately assessed ensuring the claim is fair and reasonable for both Landlord and Tenant. The costs should reflect the actual loss to the Landlord.
A schedule of dilapidations records the works that are required to the property by the tenant in accordance with the lease obligations prior to lease expiry.
Landlord and tenants should ensure they get the correct professional advice to avoid long drawn out process which can have a result of expensive settlements.
- Dilapidations Surveyors in Camden NW1
- Dilapidations Surveyors Westminster W1
- Dilapidations Surveyors in Kings Cross
- Dilapidations Surveyors in Holborn EC1
- Dilapidations Surveyors in Chelsea & Fulham SW1
- Dilapidations Surveyors in Mayfair
- Dilapidations Surveyors in Islington EC
- Dilapidations Surveyors in West end W1
- Dilapidations Surveyors in Richmond KT
- Dilapidations Surveyors in Lewisham SE
- Dilapidations Surveyors in Southwark SE1
- Dilapidations Surveyors The City
- Dilapidations Surveyors in London
- Dilapidations Surveyors Central London